The process of growing is a natural process which is assisted by right environment and diet. However, some children may face some disorder or issues while growing or at time of puberty. Some children also suffer from diabetes, obesity, Vitamin D deficiency or other disorder related to hormones and glands that produced them. Endocrinology is a medical sub-specialty dealing with disorders of endocrine glands, such as the pituitary gland. Hormonal problems affecting growth or sexual development can have long-term effects on child’s physical and emotional well-being. A pediatric endocrinologist is sensitive to the specific needs of each patient and cares for your child or teen in a comfortable environment. The division of Pediatric Endocrinology at BLK takes care of issues like:
- Diabetes and its complications
- Diabetes Foot Disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Growth and sexual development disorders
- Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia, Calcium and parathyroid gland disorders.
- Hyperandrogenic disorders like Hirsutism, polycystic ovaries.
- Obesity (In consultation with Dietician, Bariatric Surgeon)
- Infertility (Consultation with Gynaecologist and Urologist, infertility specialist)
- Disorders of pituitary, adrenal and other Hormonal disorders.
The Pediatric Endocrinology department is among the first departments at the BLK to introduce minimal neck surgeries for all Endocrine disorders. The surgeons at the Pediatric Endocrinology department are highly-experienced and skilled in conducting different surgeries. Other surgeries conducted are:
- Day care surgeries for thyroid disease
- Endoscopic thyroid and parathyroid surgeries
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy
- Endoscopic thymectomy
- Stem cell therapy for foot ulcers